Thursday 17 May 2012

Thanks, Now Im Screwed

So my life is officially over, and going no where. Remember how I explained that Stacy was dedicated to her work, and her life plans were to take over the business? Well obviously that's not happening anymore, so guess who gets to take her place? Me! The day she died is the day my future went to the dump. And guess what! I cannot do anything about it!
See, this is how my parents view it; since Stacy was such an "amazing worker" and loved working at the family business, they think that I wish I could be just like her, so they put me in charge of the future business like she was supposed to be. Its funny because my parents think that their actually doing me a favour and giving me the life I always wanted but they are sadly mistaken.
I've tried to tell them many times that I want nothing to do with the family business and working there is not one of my passions, but the conversation always turns out the same. My mom says that I should be thankful that I was born into this family and have the opportunities that I have. Who wouldn't want their whole life picked and planned out of them? Especially working at Reid Furniture all your life.
Have they ever even thought that maybe there's more to life then just Stacy and the furniture store? Maybe I want to go out and be a doctor, or a singer; maybe even a writer! I don't know what I want to do with my future yet but all I know is that I was not put on this earth to suffer working at Reid's all my life. At least I hope I wasn't.

Amy Reid

No comments:

Post a Comment